Stand for Women
Stand for Women is a social enterprise advocating for women’s economic empowerment and gender equality, besides championing sisterhood across the Middle East
Stand For Women aims to accelerate progress for women in the workforce across the Middle East. It is dedicated to creating workplaces where gender diversity based on merit is the norm. Our vision is to strive for parity and equality among both genders across all walks of life.
Stand For Women is an advocate for gender balanced businesses in the Middle East. Our mission is to create and nurture awareness among women, men, and organizations in order to instill positive changes within the workforce.
Stand for Women’s objectives are:
– Accelerating progress for women in the workforce by raising awareness about the importance of their roles in the growth of organizations.
– Supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #5 in the Middle East: Achieve Gender Equality and Empower all Women and Girls by 2030; and more particularly, Goal #5.5: Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic, and public life.
– Advocating change across all countries in the GCC, the Levant and North Africa.
– Rallying allies and influencers via interviews, thus providing in depth insight on women’s roles in the workforce.
– Leveraging research & data to assess & improve key gender metrics
– Lobbying corporations to share gender data and to work on improving their gender balance.
– Creating awareness among women, men, and organizations to build the inclusion that will change business, society, and lives for a better Middle East.
Scrutineer and Treasure
Stand For Women launched The Marion Fund initiative in the memory of Marion Hochar Ibrahimchah, who was among the innocent victims who passed away on August 4, the day of the Beirut port explosion. The aim of the Marion Fund is to help more than 200 women-owned small and medium enterprises (SMEs) affected by the blast and to honor Marion’s legacy.
The fund will be disbursed in priority to the most vulnerable women, to help them rebuild their businesses. The focus is on the following 3 categories of women owned businesses:
- Very small businesses like grocery shops, pharmacies or tailors
- SMEs that maintain or create jobs and employ more than 5 people like supermarkets or restaurants
- SMEs that preserve Beirut’s heritage like designers, jewelers or guest houses
Besides the financial help to rebuild, Stand for Women will be providing women with a long-term coaching, mentoring, training, and psycho-social support if needed, and we will accompany them to grow their businesses.
Amount to be fundraised: $50,000